PBA Seminar on professional negligence issues for property lawyers
Online registration now closed, if you would like to attend this evening, please do come along - or email Jo on email@example.com
5th October 2017
Venue: Large Pension Room, Gray's Inn
Registration from 5.30pm
Seminar from 6pm
Reception from 7.30pm
The seminar will focus on issues commonly encountered in professional liability claims with a property angle.
- limitation periods. Accrual of the cause of action in tort and contract: traps for the unwary, and the importance of constructive knowledge in Section 14A cases.
- Negligence arising out of service of notices.
- Conveyancers' self-help: rectification and alteration of the register. Consideration of NRAM v. Evans  EWCA Civ 1013 and Swift Advances v. Ahmed  EWHC 3265 (Ch) and a word about conflicts of interest.
It will be chaired by David Halpern QC (4 New Square), who is a former editor of Jackson & Powell on Professional Liability and ranked in the directories for Property Litigation and Professional Liability.
The speakers will be:
- Benjamin Wood, barrister at 4 New Square and contributing editor to Simpson on Professional Liability;
- Mathew Ditchburn, joint head of the London real estate disputes team at Hogan Lovells and named in the directories as a leading property litigator; and
- Nick Broomfield, barrister at 4 New Square and contributing author to the forthcoming edition of Cousins on Mortgages.
Registration Now Open - please book your place below
Members of the PLA are also welcome to attend and should register by email to Jo at firstname.lastname@example.org