Opportunity: Freelance Administrator for the Property Bar Association sought
The Property Bar Association – a specialist bar association for barristers who specialise in property law – is seeking to appoint a freelance administrator.
This interesting and varied role would suit persons seeking a flexible work pattern, to fit in around other roles with other organisations. You would be responsible for providing support to the Association’s committee, including organising and attending meetings (presently virtual), assisting in organising and running events (in person and virtual, nationwide but principally in London), managing the membership database and subscription renewals, managing the Association website, assisting with book-keeping and acting as the central point of contact.
Whilst the role is largely based on flexible working reflecting the nature of a freelance consultancy role, attendance at some afternoon and evening events in person will be necessary, as well as the ability to respond promptly to email enquiries through the year. The time commitment is typically around 1.5 days per week on average, but this will vary through the year, with the September to December period being the busiest.
- Able to manage own time and work without supervision. Take initiative, drive projects forward and be self-motivated. Integrity essential.
- Computer literate to include good skills in MS Office. The ability to administer and update the website and create, maintain and use databases.
- Numerate, to include the ability to bookkeep and produce and use spreadsheets
- Good at organising, and organising others and keeping records
- Good at dealing with people: association members, venue managers, caterers and guest speakers.
For a full job description, please click here. References required in due course.
Commitment: Rolling contract, 3 month notice period
Hourly rate: For discussion depending on experience, but circa £30/hour.
Format: CV + covering letter, by email to: email@example.com
Interview period: As soon as convenient after 17 July 2023
Start date: September 2023
Deadline for applications: 17 July 2023